Jun 25, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
After a rough end to their weekend and then an off-day, the Nationals are back at it tonight, opening a new series with the NL West-leading Diamondbacks, all the while keeping an eye on what's happening down the road in Woodbridge, where tonight Bryce Harper is scheduled to play three innings for Class A Potomac. Chase Hughes will be on-site and will have updates on Harper's rehab, so be sure to check the site for that.
Back here on South Capitol Street, the Nationals have Jayson Werth back in their lineup after he left Sunday's game with what appeared to be a groin injury. But, in a surprise development, Ryan Zimmerman is not listed on Davey Johnson's lineup card. You wouldn't think he'd need a day off after the club didn't play yesterday, but perhaps there's a little nagging something going on. Stay tuned.
Gio Gonzalez gets the start, hoping to continue his impressive run while actually earning the win for a change. Right-hander Trevor Cahill is on the mound for Arizona.
Updates to come…
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times