Jun 26, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
It's another steamy, potentially stormy afternoon in the District, where the Nationals and Diamondbacks continue their series with another strong pitching matchup. Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball for the Nats, looking to become the NL's first 11-game winner this season. Left-hander Wade Miley, last year's NL Rookie of the Year runner-up to Bryce Harper, starts for the Diamondbacks.
Ryan Zimmerman, meanwhile, is expected back in the Nationals' lineup after he sat last night to let his right shoulder rest. Zim did come off the bench to pinch-hit, but it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say about that shoulder and whether this is still a lingering concern long-term or not.
Jayson Werth also is expected to play, though he'll probably be hampered in the field once again. Werth clearly wasn't running at full speed last night, and he acknowledged afterward he may have to just deal with this groin strain for a little while.
Updates to come, so please check back…
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 82 degrees, wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half