Jun 27, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper appeared in his second rehab game with the Single-A Potomac Nationals on Wednesday night, going 1-for-3 with a solo home run in three at-bats.
Harper was the team’s designated hitter due to rainy conditions at Pfitzner stadium in a last minute move. He was originally slotted to play in left field.
Facing Myrtle Beach Pelicans starter Jerad Eickhoff, Harper struck out in his first at-bat. In his second time up he hit a home run to right field.
In Harper’s third at-bat he fouled a pitch off his right foot and needed a moment to shake it off. He then lined out to right field to end his day.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back