Jun 27, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper appeared in his second rehab game with the Single-A Potomac Nationals on Wednesday night, going 1-for-3 with a solo home run in three at-bats.
Harper was the team’s designated hitter due to rainy conditions at Pfitzner stadium in a last minute move. He was originally slotted to play in left field.
Facing Myrtle Beach Pelicans starter Jerad Eickhoff, Harper struck out in his first at-bat. In his second time up he hit a home run to right field.
In Harper’s third at-bat he fouled a pitch off his right foot and needed a moment to shake it off. He then lined out to right field to end his day.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig