Jun 27, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper appeared in his second rehab game with the Single-A Potomac Nationals on Wednesday night, going 1-for-3 with a solo home run in three at-bats.
Harper was the team’s designated hitter due to rainy conditions at Pfitzner stadium in a last minute move. He was originally slotted to play in left field.
Facing Myrtle Beach Pelicans starter Jerad Eickhoff, Harper struck out in his first at-bat. In his second time up he hit a home run to right field.
In Harper’s third at-bat he fouled a pitch off his right foot and needed a moment to shake it off. He then lined out to right field to end his day.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen