Jun 27, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Bryce Harper's rehab tour will shift tonight from Virginia to Maryland and up one class in the Nationals' farm system, putting the star outfielder on track to come off the disabled list on Monday.
After playing the last two nights for Class A Potomac, Harper is scheduled to play nine innings tonight for Class AA Harrisburg, which is in nearby Bowie for the weekend. He would then sit out Friday before returning to Bowie on Saturday.
"I'd like to see him go nine innings, then probably take tomorrow off, then go back and play again," manager Davey Johnson said. "Just make sure everything's normal and stays calmed down."
Harper got five plate appearances over the last two nights at Potomac, going 2-for-4 with a homer, a double, a walk and aRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS
- Denard Span sets Nats hits record to add to special day