Jun 27, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Bryce Harper's rehab tour will shift tonight from Virginia to Maryland and up one class in the Nationals' farm system, putting the star outfielder on track to come off the disabled list on Monday.
After playing the last two nights for Class A Potomac, Harper is scheduled to play nine innings tonight for Class AA Harrisburg, which is in nearby Bowie for the weekend. He would then sit out Friday before returning to Bowie on Saturday.
"I'd like to see him go nine innings, then probably take tomorrow off, then go back and play again," manager Davey Johnson said. "Just make sure everything's normal and stays calmed down."
Harper got five plate appearances over the last two nights at Potomac, going 2-for-4 with a homer, a double, a walk and aRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent