Jun 27, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Bryce Harper's rehab tour will shift tonight from Virginia to Maryland and up one class in the Nationals' farm system, putting the star outfielder on track to come off the disabled list on Monday.
After playing the last two nights for Class A Potomac, Harper is scheduled to play nine innings tonight for Class AA Harrisburg, which is in nearby Bowie for the weekend. He would then sit out Friday before returning to Bowie on Saturday.
"I'd like to see him go nine innings, then probably take tomorrow off, then go back and play again," manager Davey Johnson said. "Just make sure everything's normal and stays calmed down."
Harper got five plate appearances over the last two nights at Potomac, going 2-for-4 with a homer, a double, a walk and aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes