Jun 28, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
NEW YORK — Good afternoon from Citi Field, where tonight the Nationals open a weekend series against the Mets, beginning with an awfully tough matchup against the dynamic Matt Harvey.
The Nats have already gotten a good look at Harvey this season; he beat Stephen Strasburg with an electric performance here back in April. So they know they've got their work cut out for them tonight. They can only hope Ross Detwiler is up to the challenge himself after some recent shaky outings.
Still waiting on the Nationals' lineup, which I don't believe will include Bryce Harper. Though I suppose you never know…
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 80 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1