Jun 28, 2013, 11:02 PM EST
The Nationals will officially promote Jordan from Class AA Harrisburg for tomorrow afternoon's game at Citi Field, though MLB rules prevent the right-hander from being in the clubhouse until the transaction actually takes place. So the 24-year-old right-hander will watch on TV tonight, studying the Mets' lineup in anticipation of his big-league debut.
Manager Davey Johnson has no first-hand knowledge of Jordan, relying only on reports he's received from his minor-league staff, but he intends to give the rookie a fair tryout over the next week or two.
"I haven't even seen him throw. I've just gotten good reports," Johnson said. "I imagine for sure he'll get at least a couple, two or three starts. … We did the same thing with [Nate Karns]. Give him some experience up here, and that's what it's all about. And thenRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team