Jun 28, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
The Nationals will officially promote Jordan from Class AA Harrisburg for tomorrow afternoon's game at Citi Field, though MLB rules prevent the right-hander from being in the clubhouse until the transaction actually takes place. So the 24-year-old right-hander will watch on TV tonight, studying the Mets' lineup in anticipation of his big-league debut.
Manager Davey Johnson has no first-hand knowledge of Jordan, relying only on reports he's received from his minor-league staff, but he intends to give the rookie a fair tryout over the next week or two.
"I haven't even seen him throw. I've just gotten good reports," Johnson said. "I imagine for sure he'll get at least a couple, two or three starts. … We did the same thing with [Nate Karns]. Give him some experience up here, and that's what it's all about. And thenRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2