Jun 29, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Taylor Jordan allowed one earned run in his major-league debut.
Game in a nutshell: In his big-league debut, Taylor Jordan battled through some early wildness and shaky defense behind him. The rookie acquitted himself fairly well, but he couldn't overcome forces beyond his control. Three combined errors by Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond (two of them coming on one play) produced two unearned runs and gave the Mets the lead. The Nationals lineup, meanwhile, was silenced yet again by Dillon Gee, who allowed only one run over six innings. And there was no late comeback this time, with the Mets beleaguered bullpen taking care of business to close this one out. Thus, the Nats again failed to carry over any momentum from the previous night's inspiring victory, and their on-again, off-again season continues. They have remained within 2 games of the .500 mark, in either direction, every day since May 19.
Hitting lowlight: As was the case Friday night, the Nationals were handcuffed by a Mets right-hander for most of the game. Unlike the previous night, they weren't able to flip the switch once they gotRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies