Jun 29, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Taylor Jordan allowed one earned run in his major-league debut.
Game in a nutshell: In his big-league debut, Taylor Jordan battled through some early wildness and shaky defense behind him. The rookie acquitted himself fairly well, but he couldn't overcome forces beyond his control. Three combined errors by Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond (two of them coming on one play) produced two unearned runs and gave the Mets the lead. The Nationals lineup, meanwhile, was silenced yet again by Dillon Gee, who allowed only one run over six innings. And there was no late comeback this time, with the Mets beleaguered bullpen taking care of business to close this one out. Thus, the Nats again failed to carry over any momentum from the previous night's inspiring victory, and their on-again, off-again season continues. They have remained within 2 games of the .500 mark, in either direction, every day since May 19.
Hitting lowlight: As was the case Friday night, the Nationals were handcuffed by a Mets right-hander for most of the game. Unlike the previous night, they weren't able to flip the switch once they gotRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader
- Nats miffed at Phillies over postponed game