Jun 29, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
NEW YORK — Ross Detwiler is dealing with stiffness in his lower back, an ailment that could prevent the Nationals left-hander from making his next start.
That revelation, combined with some other developments over the last couple of days, prompted the Nationals to add another arm to their bullpen today: Right-hander Erik Davis was recalled from Class AAA, with outfielder Jeff Kobernus optioned to Syracuse to make room on the roster.
Detwiler showed no signs of injury during his start Friday night against the Mets, in which he allowed three runs (two earned) over five innings.
"He threw a lot of pitches in five innings," manager Davey Johnson said. "I thought he threw the ball well. I didn't notice anythingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard