Jun 30, 2013, 4:00 AM EDT
By Ben Standig
BOWIE — Those on hand Saturday night at Prince George's Stadium witnessed perhaps the fourth and final game of Bryce Harper's minor league rehab assignment. They also caught the Nationals slugger looking at a third strike, twice. His other two trips to the plate for the Bowie Baysox ended with a walk and an infield popup.
Hardly ideal, obviously, but there were positives to take away for the outfielder, who hasn't played for the Nationals since May 26 due to left knee bursitis. Harper played the full nine innings for the first time during the current four-game rehab stint. He had three at-bats versus an actual major-league starter, Orioles left-hander Wei-Yin Chen, and scored a run. There were also no misadventures on the base paths and in the field.
Fine, let's stop stalling. After two games at Class-A Potomac and two with Harrisburg, everyone wants to know the following:
1) How does Bryce's knee feel?Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Drew Storen
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC