Jul 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
It's been seven full weeks since Bryce Harper slammed face-first into the right-field wall at Dodger Stadium, a frightening collision that initially left everyone worried the young Nationals star had suffered a head injury but ultimately did more damage to his left knee than anything.
The Nationals were four games over .500 that night in Los Angeles, having struggled some through the season's first month-and-a-half but only one game out of first place in the NL East and still feeling good about their overall standing.
The club's mostly unsuccessful results since then are not entirely attributable to Harper's bursitis, but it's not unfair to to call his absence the biggest factor contributing to a 20-23 record since his collision.
So it's also not unfair to suggest Harper's healthy return tonight,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown