Jul 2, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Nationals scored 10 runs last night, so why would Davey Johnson change his lineup for tonight's game against the Brewers? So, it's Jayson Werth (coming off a five-RBI performance) in the No. 2 spot again, with Bryce Harper batting third and Anthony Rendon batting seventh.
Stephen Strasburg (3-1, 1.64 ERA over his last seven starts) is on the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his recent hot streak and hoping he gets the kind of run support Jordan Zimmermann got last night. Right-hander Wily Peralta starts for Milwaukee, which has now lost six straight.
I'm off tonight (my only night off in a stretch of 18 days), and Chase is heading out on vacation. But never fear, the talented Ben Standig will have full coverage tonight on CSNwashington.com, and I'll have links to his articles right here on Nats Insider. Enjoy the game…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. market), MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly