Jul 2, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Nationals scored 10 runs last night, so why would Davey Johnson change his lineup for tonight's game against the Brewers? So, it's Jayson Werth (coming off a five-RBI performance) in the No. 2 spot again, with Bryce Harper batting third and Anthony Rendon batting seventh.
Stephen Strasburg (3-1, 1.64 ERA over his last seven starts) is on the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his recent hot streak and hoping he gets the kind of run support Jordan Zimmermann got last night. Right-hander Wily Peralta starts for Milwaukee, which has now lost six straight.
I'm off tonight (my only night off in a stretch of 18 days), and Chase is heading out on vacation. But never fear, the talented Ben Standig will have full coverage tonight on CSNwashington.com, and I'll have links to his articles right here on Nats Insider. Enjoy the game…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. market), MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals defeat Mets in triumphant return home
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff