Jul 2, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Nationals scored 10 runs last night, so why would Davey Johnson change his lineup for tonight's game against the Brewers? So, it's Jayson Werth (coming off a five-RBI performance) in the No. 2 spot again, with Bryce Harper batting third and Anthony Rendon batting seventh.
Stephen Strasburg (3-1, 1.64 ERA over his last seven starts) is on the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his recent hot streak and hoping he gets the kind of run support Jordan Zimmermann got last night. Right-hander Wily Peralta starts for Milwaukee, which has now lost six straight.
I'm off tonight (my only night off in a stretch of 18 days), and Chase is heading out on vacation. But never fear, the talented Ben Standig will have full coverage tonight on CSNwashington.com, and I'll have links to his articles right here on Nats Insider. Enjoy the game…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. market), MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W