Jul 3, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
So, to recap … the Nationals scored 13 runs on Sunday in New York, then they scored 10 runs on Monday against the Brewers, then they were shut out last night by Milwaukee. So, what should we expect tonight in the third game of this four-game series? Your guess is as good as mine. It's been impossible to predict this team's offensive performance on any given night this season, and the events of the last few days only underscore that notion.
This much we do know: Ross Detwiler is going to need to pitch better than he has been. In four starts since returning from an oblique strain, the left-hander is 0-2 with a 7.32 ERA. He complained of a stiff lower back after his last appearance, but he was able to throw his regular between-starts side session earlier this week and so he's good to go tonight.
Veteran Kyle Lohse gets the ball for the Brewers, facing a Nats lineup that would love to get back on track after last night's shutout loss. Please note the early 6:05 p.m. starting time tonight, giving everyone an extra hour of sleep in advance of tomorrow's 11:05 a.m. Independence Day game.
Updates to come…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Scattered storms, 84 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards