Jul 3, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
Three days after getting their starting left fielder and No. 3 hitter back from the disabled list, the Nationals are about to get their No. 1 catcher back from an injury as well.
Wilson Ramos is scheduled to be activated off the DL in time for tomorrow morning’s series finale against the Brewers. He’s serving as designated hitter tonight for Class A Potomac, and barring any negative developments he’ll be at Nationals Park in the morning and assuming his place behind the plate for the first time since mid-May, when he re-tweaked the same hamstring muscle that forced him to the DL in April.
I think he’s going to DH tonight, four at-bats or whatever he feels comfortable with,” manager Davey Johnson said. “And if the reports I get are good, it’ll be good to get him back.”
Ramos has played in only 14 games this season, missing two weeks in April when he initially strained the hamstring and then six weeks since aggravating the same injury trying to run out a double in Los Angeles on May 15. The Nationals’ Opening Day catcher was hitting .250 with two homers, three doubles and six RBI.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1