Jul 3, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
Three days after getting their starting left fielder and No. 3 hitter back from the disabled list, the Nationals are about to get their No. 1 catcher back from an injury as well.
Wilson Ramos is scheduled to be activated off the DL in time for tomorrow morning’s series finale against the Brewers. He’s serving as designated hitter tonight for Class A Potomac, and barring any negative developments he’ll be at Nationals Park in the morning and assuming his place behind the plate for the first time since mid-May, when he re-tweaked the same hamstring muscle that forced him to the DL in April.
I think he’s going to DH tonight, four at-bats or whatever he feels comfortable with,” manager Davey Johnson said. “And if the reports I get are good, it’ll be good to get him back.”
Ramos has played in only 14 games this season, missing two weeks in April when he initially strained the hamstring and then six weeks since aggravating the same injury trying to run out a double in Los Angeles on May 15. The Nationals’ Opening Day catcher was hitting .250 with two homers, three doubles and six RBI.
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats trending up after big week