Jul 3, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
Three days after getting their starting left fielder and No. 3 hitter back from the disabled list, the Nationals are about to get their No. 1 catcher back from an injury as well.
Wilson Ramos is scheduled to be activated off the DL in time for tomorrow morning’s series finale against the Brewers. He’s serving as designated hitter tonight for Class A Potomac, and barring any negative developments he’ll be at Nationals Park in the morning and assuming his place behind the plate for the first time since mid-May, when he re-tweaked the same hamstring muscle that forced him to the DL in April.
I think he’s going to DH tonight, four at-bats or whatever he feels comfortable with,” manager Davey Johnson said. “And if the reports I get are good, it’ll be good to get him back.”
Ramos has played in only 14 games this season, missing two weeks in April when he initially strained the hamstring and then six weeks since aggravating the same injury trying to run out a double in Los Angeles on May 15. The Nationals’ Opening Day catcher was hitting .250 with two homers, three doubles and six RBI.
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge