Jul 4, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Good morning from the ballpark. (That's not something I type often.) It's Independence Day, and that means a continuation of a new tradition here at Nationals Park: the 11:05 a.m. game. It's a bit unconventional, but it's not a bad little tradition (plus it gives everyone plenty of time to get home and enjoy the rest of the holiday.
The Nationals are getting a nice boost today, with Wilson Ramos returning from the DL. The catcher went 0-for-10 on his rehab assignment with Class A Potomac, but those numbers are less significant than the fact his hamstring is healthy and he's good to go for the first time since May 15. Which means, for the first time since mid-April, Davey Johnson will be fielding his complete starting lineup (with Anthony Rendon having replaced Danny Espinosa, of course).
Taylor Jordan makes his second career start, hoping to earn his first career win. All indications are that either way, Jordan will be sent back to the minors after this one, with Dan Haren on track to return from the DL and take Taylor's spot in five days. You'd certainly like to see the kid pitch well and be rewarded for his efforts today.
Updates to come, so please check back…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 11:05 a.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. market), MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job