Jul 5, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Davey Johnson had no good reason for making the change to his lineup that he did yesterday – swapping Ian Desmond and Jayson Werth – but obviously the new look worked for the Nationals, who scored eight runs to beat the Brewers. And Davey isn't about to mess with a good thing and make another change now.
Really, though, lineup construction is less about who hits where and more about who is hitting at all. So the best hope for the Nationals' run-scoring abilities moving forward is the simple fact they've got a complete, healthy lineup in place (including Bryce Harper and Wilson Ramos) for the first time since mid-April.
That lineup will try to keep things going tonight against the Padres, who send hard-throwing right-handed Andrew Cashner to the mound. Gio Gonzalez, who has been fantastic lately, gets the ball for the Nats, trying to put his team two games over the .500 mark again.
Updates to come…
SAN DIEGO PADRES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 88 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats
- Bryce Harper does not know how to pronounce 'meme'