Jul 5, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Davey Johnson had no good reason for making the change to his lineup that he did yesterday – swapping Ian Desmond and Jayson Werth – but obviously the new look worked for the Nationals, who scored eight runs to beat the Brewers. And Davey isn't about to mess with a good thing and make another change now.
Really, though, lineup construction is less about who hits where and more about who is hitting at all. So the best hope for the Nationals' run-scoring abilities moving forward is the simple fact they've got a complete, healthy lineup in place (including Bryce Harper and Wilson Ramos) for the first time since mid-April.
That lineup will try to keep things going tonight against the Padres, who send hard-throwing right-handed Andrew Cashner to the mound. Gio Gonzalez, who has been fantastic lately, gets the ball for the Nats, trying to put his team two games over the .500 mark again.
Updates to come…
SAN DIEGO PADRES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 88 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'