Jul 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
On last night's episode of "The Baseball Show" on CSN, we delved into several Nationals-related topics, including the extreme lack of run support Stephen Strasburg has received this season. In the above clip, Rob Carlin, Jim Duquette and I discuss just how good Strasburg has been and how he has handled the adversity.
We also got some perspective on the subject from a guy who knows a little bit about pitching: former Cy Young and MVP award winner Vida Blue, who shared his thoughts on Strasburg and the general concept of run support. Scroll down below to watch that clip.
And we also discussed Drew Storen's up-and-down season, which perhaps hit a low point yesterday when he served up two home runs in the seventh inning and then had an interesting exchange with Steve McCatty on the mound. Check out the final video for our thoughts on that topic…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate
- Nationals clinch NL East with victory in Atlanta
- How did Zimmerman fare in first game action in Viera?
- Nationals play for NL East title tonight in Atlanta
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination
- After nailbiter, Nationals on the cusp of a clinch
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug