Jul 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
On last night's episode of "The Baseball Show" on CSN, we delved into several Nationals-related topics, including the extreme lack of run support Stephen Strasburg has received this season. In the above clip, Rob Carlin, Jim Duquette and I discuss just how good Strasburg has been and how he has handled the adversity.
We also got some perspective on the subject from a guy who knows a little bit about pitching: former Cy Young and MVP award winner Vida Blue, who shared his thoughts on Strasburg and the general concept of run support. Scroll down below to watch that clip.
And we also discussed Drew Storen's up-and-down season, which perhaps hit a low point yesterday when he served up two home runs in the seventh inning and then had an interesting exchange with Steve McCatty on the mound. Check out the final video for our thoughts on that topic…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets