Jul 7, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Winners of three straight, the Nationals today seek their first four-game win since early-May. They are finally on something of a sustained roll, having won 11 of their last 18. That doesn't sound impressive? Well, that's a .611 winning percentage over the last three weeks, a rate that over a full season would equate to 99 wins. Obviously, they've got to prove they can do this for more than three weeks, but it's certainly a start.
With left-hander Robbie Erlin on the mound for the Padres, Davey Johnson is giving Adam LaRoche a rare day off. In his place is Tyler Moore, who starts only his third game of the season at first base. The rest of the lineup stays the same, with Wilson Ramos back in there behind the plate. (Another interesting note: The Nats this season are 11-5 when Ramos plays, 34-37 when he doesn't.)
Stephen Strasburg, owner of a 1.29 ERA over his last nine starts, gets the ball this afternoon against his hometown team. He hasn't surrendered more than two earned runs in any of those nine outings, quite a stretch of dominance for the right-hander.
I'm off today, taking a quick breather before heading to Philadelphia tomorrow. Enjoy the conversation…
SAN DIEGO PADRES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher