Jul 11, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
They hit four homers and knocked out Cliff Lee last night, so the Nationals have to like their chances in tonight's series finale against Kyle Kendrick, right? Well, not necessarily. Though they've historically had success against the Phillies right-hander, they were thoroughly dominated by him only three weeks ago, held to one run and two hits on June 19.
The good news: Jordan Zimmermann starts for the Nationals in his final tune-up before next week's All-Star Game. The right-hander has been brilliant all year, of course, though his last two starts haven't quite lived up to his usual lofty standards (seven runs, 14 hits in 11 1/3 innings).
I am not in Philadelphia for the series finale at Citizns Bank Park. Had to hoof it back to Bethesda for tonight's episode of The Baseball Show, which airs at 11 p.m. on CSN. Hope you'll tune-in, and hope you'll enjoy the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries