Jul 13, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
Losers of four of their last five, the Nationals will send Dan Haren (4-10, 6.00 ERA) to the mound in Miami Saturday night to face rookie standout and N.L. All-Star Jose Fernandez (5-5, 2.83). Fernandez has yet to lose at Marlins Park and will be making his first start against the Nats. He last pitched on July 7 in St. Louis and allowed three earned runs for the first time since May.
Washington took an ugly loss in the series opener on Friday night, watching Stephen Strasburg falter with the worst start of his young career. Miami has won two straight games after losing their previous five after a terrific month of June. Haren will take a stab at the Fish in his seventh career start against the franchise. He holds a 1-4 record with a 3.43 ERA in 39 1/3 total innings vs. the Marlins.
Anthony Rendon gets the night off with Steve Lombardozzi playing at second. Other than that change, the lineup is the same as it was on Friday.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 186
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)