Jul 13, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
Losers of four of their last five, the Nationals will send Dan Haren (4-10, 6.00 ERA) to the mound in Miami Saturday night to face rookie standout and N.L. All-Star Jose Fernandez (5-5, 2.83). Fernandez has yet to lose at Marlins Park and will be making his first start against the Nats. He last pitched on July 7 in St. Louis and allowed three earned runs for the first time since May.
Washington took an ugly loss in the series opener on Friday night, watching Stephen Strasburg falter with the worst start of his young career. Miami has won two straight games after losing their previous five after a terrific month of June. Haren will take a stab at the Fish in his seventh career start against the franchise. He holds a 1-4 record with a 3.43 ERA in 39 1/3 total innings vs. the Marlins.
Anthony Rendon gets the night off with Steve Lombardozzi playing at second. Other than that change, the lineup is the same as it was on Friday.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 186
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2