Jul 15, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The interview/press conference portion of All-Star workout day is now complete, and Bryce Harper (predictably) has been everywhere.
The Nationals' lone participating All-Star had a big crowd surrounding him during his media availability this afternoon at Citi Field, much of it consisting of international media members who peppered him with questions about his global fan support and asked him to say something in Chinese (Harper politely declined that request). Harper then was ushered upstairs to the official Home Run Derby press conference, where he sat alongside NL teammates David Wright, Michael Cuddyer and Pedro Alvarez.
Jordan Zimmermann was a bit less popular with reporters, which didn't seem to bother the soft-spoken right-hander one bit. Davey Johnson was, of course, a big hit, showing up in full All-Star BP uniform (pretty much everybody else was in street clothes) and answering questions on every topic known to man, including his time in Japan, his thoughts on Chris Davis and obviously his memories of the 1986 Mets.
Here are some highlights from today's sessions…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win