Jul 15, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The interview/press conference portion of All-Star workout day is now complete, and Bryce Harper (predictably) has been everywhere.
The Nationals' lone participating All-Star had a big crowd surrounding him during his media availability this afternoon at Citi Field, much of it consisting of international media members who peppered him with questions about his global fan support and asked him to say something in Chinese (Harper politely declined that request). Harper then was ushered upstairs to the official Home Run Derby press conference, where he sat alongside NL teammates David Wright, Michael Cuddyer and Pedro Alvarez.
Jordan Zimmermann was a bit less popular with reporters, which didn't seem to bother the soft-spoken right-hander one bit. Davey Johnson was, of course, a big hit, showing up in full All-Star BP uniform (pretty much everybody else was in street clothes) and answering questions on every topic known to man, including his time in Japan, his thoughts on Chris Davis and obviously his memories of the 1986 Mets.
Here are some highlights from today's sessions…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp