Jul 16, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
NEW YORK — We've had the Futures Game, interviews, celebrities playing softball, more interviews, the Home Run Derby, even more interviews and then for good measure another round of interviews. At last, though, we're ready for the main event: the actual All-Star Game.
This won't be quite the spectacle that last year's game was from the Nationals' perspective, with only Bryce Harper competing on the field. But Harper is only the second player in Nats history to be in the starting lineup (joining Alfonso Soriano in 2006). Bryce is batting ninth and starting in center field, and he expects to play three innings before departing.
Jordan Zimmermann, obviously, won't be pitching, but the right-hander will get his moment in the spotlight, introduced along with his fellow All-Stars before the start of the game. And, of course, Davey Johnson is here and will get a nice ovation from the New York crowd.
Chase Hughes and I will have all the updates from Citi Field on CSNwashington.com, so please check back throughout the game…
2013 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXX (92.7 FM), WWXT (94.3 FM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from LF
LF Mike Trout – LAA
2B Robinson Cano – NYY
3B Miguel Cabrera – DET
1B Chris Davis – BAL
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants