Jul 16, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
NEW YORK — We've had the Futures Game, interviews, celebrities playing softball, more interviews, the Home Run Derby, even more interviews and then for good measure another round of interviews. At last, though, we're ready for the main event: the actual All-Star Game.
This won't be quite the spectacle that last year's game was from the Nationals' perspective, with only Bryce Harper competing on the field. But Harper is only the second player in Nats history to be in the starting lineup (joining Alfonso Soriano in 2006). Bryce is batting ninth and starting in center field, and he expects to play three innings before departing.
Jordan Zimmermann, obviously, won't be pitching, but the right-hander will get his moment in the spotlight, introduced along with his fellow All-Stars before the start of the game. And, of course, Davey Johnson is here and will get a nice ovation from the New York crowd.
Chase Hughes and I will have all the updates from Citi Field on CSNwashington.com, so please check back throughout the game…
2013 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXX (92.7 FM), WWXT (94.3 FM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from LF
LF Mike Trout – LAA
2B Robinson Cano – NYY
3B Miguel Cabrera – DET
1B Chris Davis – BAL
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge