Jul 16, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
NEW YORK — We've had the Futures Game, interviews, celebrities playing softball, more interviews, the Home Run Derby, even more interviews and then for good measure another round of interviews. At last, though, we're ready for the main event: the actual All-Star Game.
This won't be quite the spectacle that last year's game was from the Nationals' perspective, with only Bryce Harper competing on the field. But Harper is only the second player in Nats history to be in the starting lineup (joining Alfonso Soriano in 2006). Bryce is batting ninth and starting in center field, and he expects to play three innings before departing.
Jordan Zimmermann, obviously, won't be pitching, but the right-hander will get his moment in the spotlight, introduced along with his fellow All-Stars before the start of the game. And, of course, Davey Johnson is here and will get a nice ovation from the New York crowd.
Chase Hughes and I will have all the updates from Citi Field on CSNwashington.com, so please check back throughout the game…
2013 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXX (92.7 FM), WWXT (94.3 FM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from LF
LF Mike Trout – LAA
2B Robinson Cano – NYY
3B Miguel Cabrera – DET
1B Chris Davis – BAL
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar