Jul 16, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Jordan Zimmermann would rather be pitching tonight in the All-Star Game than watching from the NL dugout, relegated to spectator due to a lingering neck injury. But make no mistake, the Nationals right-hander is happy to be here and is soaking in every moment of the experience.
"Just being in the clubhouse around these guys," he said. "You play against them, but to hang out with them and meet some new guys, it's going to be fun. And then obviously the Home Run Derby and the game are going to be fun to watch."
Selected to his first Midsummer Classic after going 12-4 with a 2.58 ERA through the season's first half, Zimmermann had to ask off the active roster when team doctors told him he needed to rest his neck for a few days to risk further injury.
It's still considered a minor injury, one Zimmermann insists he can pitch through, but one that is requiring more treatment eachRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS