Jul 17, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
Few would say the first half of this baseball season progressed as they expected it would for the Nationals, who on Opening Day were the sport's odds-on favorites to win the World Series but slogged their way into the All-Star break with a 48-47 record.
The Nationals, by no means, have been awful. (Though there have been some awful stretches along the way.) But neither have they been fantastic. (Though there have been sporadic moments when they looked like they could be.)
As MLB makes the transition now from the All-Star Game to the unofficial start of the season's second half, let's look back and hand out first-half grades for everyone…
WILSON RAMOS — INC
Two hamstring injuries knocked him out of the lineup for a total of two months, but he came back with a bang two weeks ago and should make a positive difference the rest of the way.
KURT SUZUKI — C
He's solid when he catches every-other-day, but he really struggled (and took a physical beating) when forced into everyday duties while Ramos was on the DL.Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen