Jul 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
On last night's episode of "The Baseball Show" on CSN, Jim Duquette, Rob Carlin and I both looked back at the All-Star Game and surrounding festivities and looked ahead to the second half of the season.
In the above clip, we look at what it would take for the Nationals to make a playoff run over the season's final 2 1/2 months. We also look at a bunch of clubs over the last few years who have come out of the All-Star break right around the .500 mark and still reached the playoffs (or even, in a couple of cases, the World Series). So, yes, the Nats do still have a shot.
Below the jump, you'll find our discussion of the Home Run Derby, what it meant for Bryce and Ron Harper to share the moment together and what might have happened had somebody else pitched to the Nationals young slugger.
And in the final segment below, we look ahead to the July 31 trade deadline and wonder what, if anything, Mike Rizzo might have up his sleeve. Enjoy…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper scratched from tonight's game
- Nats put Strasburg on the disabled list
- Nats need quality start from Gonzalez in Cincy
- Cingrani has little remorse for hitting Harper
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news