Jul 23, 2013, 3:23 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
During an otherwise miserable few weeks for the Nationals, Jayson Werth has suddenly become one of the most productive hitters in baseball, posting numbers few believed he was capable of at this stage of his career.
With back-to-back, two-homer games, Werth put a definitive stamp on his hot streak, which now stretches back a full month. In 25 games since June 23, he's hitting .379 with seven homers, 20 RBI, a .456 on-base percentage and 1.134 OPS, impressing teammates and members of the Nationals coaching staff.
"It's great to see that," first baseman Adam LaRoche said. "He's always had that kind of power. You watch him take BP and do it every other swing, so to now put it into play in the game is great. He's a guy that prides himself on taking a lot of pitches and going deep into counts, and I think he's kind of now picking and choosing some spots to kind of be a little more aggressive and show thatRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles