Jul 23, 2013, 3:23 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
During an otherwise miserable few weeks for the Nationals, Jayson Werth has suddenly become one of the most productive hitters in baseball, posting numbers few believed he was capable of at this stage of his career.
With back-to-back, two-homer games, Werth put a definitive stamp on his hot streak, which now stretches back a full month. In 25 games since June 23, he's hitting .379 with seven homers, 20 RBI, a .456 on-base percentage and 1.134 OPS, impressing teammates and members of the Nationals coaching staff.
"It's great to see that," first baseman Adam LaRoche said. "He's always had that kind of power. You watch him take BP and do it every other swing, so to now put it into play in the game is great. He's a guy that prides himself on taking a lot of pitches and going deep into counts, and I think he's kind of now picking and choosing some spots to kind of be a little more aggressive and show thatRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?