Jul 27, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
The last 48 hours for the Nationals have been one wild and crazy time. Two walkoff wins bookending a lopsided loss and some postgame comments by Tyler Clippard that will surely reverberate through the clubhouse.
The Nats have yet another chance today to build off a dramatic, 'could this be the one' win. Lately their response to such victories has been rather flat, just look at their 11-0 loss yesterday in the first game of the doubleheader.
Today they face Dillon Gee (7-7, 4.07 ERA) who has already beaten the Nats three times this season. He pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings on April 21, seven innings of one-run ball on June 5, and six innings with one earned run on June 29.
Dan Haren (4-11, 5.79) will pitch against the Mets for the second time this year. He got shelled for five earned runs in four innings on June 5.
Stay tuned for updates…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Scattered T-storms, 84 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
LF Bryce Harper
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
CF Denard Span
C Wilson Ramos
RHP Dan Haren
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?