Jul 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
The way things had been going around here only a couple of days ago, the fact the Nationals today have a chance to win four of their last five is rather remarkable. But that's the position they find themselves in after walk-off wins Thursday and Friday and then yesterday's 4-1 victory over the Mets. Funny how this game works.
If they do find a way to take today's series finale against the Mets, they may just hand Taylor Jordan his much-awaited first career win. The rookie right-hander certainly has pitched well enough in his first five starts (3.68 ERA) to deserve better than an 0-3 record. Today presents a new challenge for him, facing an opponent for the second time for the first time (if that makes sense).
Check back for updates…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Scattered storms, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to LF
LF Bryce Harper
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss