Jul 30, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
DETROIT — Good afternoon from Comerica Park, one of baseball's truly underrated ballparks. The Nationals are making only their second-ever appearance here, still seeking their first win after getting swept in June 2010. Stephen Strasburg was on the roster at that point, having made his second career start only two days earlier in Cleveland. Tonight, he'll actually pitch here against the Tigers, a compelling matchup in itself.
His team having won three straight at home against the Mets, Davey Johnson is sticking with the same lineup tonight against Anibal Sanchez. There is, of course, one twist: Since we're in an American League park, the DH is in effect. So tonight it'll be Chad Tracy, batting ninth behind all the other regulars.
Updates to come, please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 7:08 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 179
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from LF
LF Bryce Harper
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent