Jul 30, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
DETROIT — Good afternoon from Comerica Park, one of baseball's truly underrated ballparks. The Nationals are making only their second-ever appearance here, still seeking their first win after getting swept in June 2010. Stephen Strasburg was on the roster at that point, having made his second career start only two days earlier in Cleveland. Tonight, he'll actually pitch here against the Tigers, a compelling matchup in itself.
His team having won three straight at home against the Mets, Davey Johnson is sticking with the same lineup tonight against Anibal Sanchez. There is, of course, one twist: Since we're in an American League park, the DH is in effect. So tonight it'll be Chad Tracy, batting ninth behind all the other regulars.
Updates to come, please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 7:08 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 179
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from LF
LF Bryce Harper
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale