Aug 3, 2013, 7:43 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
After notching a series opening win on Friday, the Nationals take on the Brewers in the second game of their weekend set tonight with Dan Haren (5-11. 5.49 ERA) on the mound. Haren's had a rough time overall this season, but has enjoyed some success lately since returning from the disabled list in early July. Over his last four starts he has a 3.13 ERA, including a seven inning, one earned run performance his last time out against the Mets.
Pitching for Milwaukee is rookie right-hander Donovan Hand (0-2, 3.56) who is still searching for his first major league win. The 27-year-old has pitched in 17 games this season, including five starts. This will be his third consecutive start after joining the rotation full-time on July 23.
Hand faced the Nationals earlier this season on July 4 and went five innings with six hits, three walks, and three earned runs. Washington ended up winning that game 8-5.
Davey Johnson has Denard Span back at the top of the order batting leadoff, with Bryce Harper hitting second against Hand. Wilson Ramos gets the start for the second straight day after posting two hits and a run in Friday's win.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?