Aug 4, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
In a season where the Nats have hovered consistently around the .500 mark, there have been many ups and downs. But for some reason, lately it seems the peaks and valleys have been more extreme. They win three straight, then they lose two at Detroit and panic ensues. Now the Nats are back to winning with two consecutive victories out in Milwaukee and a chance for a sweep on Sunday.
Today the Nats will trot out RHP Taylor Jordan (1-3, 3.31 ERA) who is coming off his first major league win, a dominant start against the Mets in which he allowed just one run over six innings of work. Jordan is making just his seventh major league start, but his second against the Brewers. The rookie threw 5 2/3 innings with two runs allowed in a Nats' win on July 4.
Pitching for the Brew Crew is veteran right-hander Kyle Lohse. Signed late in the offseason as a free agent, Lohse has pulled together a pretty nice year for Milwaukee. Through 134 1/3 innings in 2013 he boasts a 3.22 ERA and a 7-7 record. In an overall struggling staff this year, Lohse has been Milwaukee's best starter. He pitched eight innings with just one earned run against the Nats on July 3.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 2:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv (free today)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 869
Weather: Sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
C Kurt Suzuki
RHP Taylor Jordan
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians