Aug 5, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
The Nationals have been asking for a chance to prove themselves against the Braves for some time now, and tonight they get their first opportunity in two months to take on the NL East leaders. Atlanta is red-hot, having won 10 in a row, opening up a commanding, 12 1/2-game lead in the division. Suffice it to say, the Nats are in must-win territory here.
Stephen Strasburg takes the mound for the series opener, hoping to continue his dominance of the Braves this season — he's got a 1.93 ERA in three starts — but hoping to earn his first win over Atlanta. He'll be opposed by left-hander Mike Minor, who has a 5.06 ERA in three starts against the Nats, yet is 2-0.
Updates to come, so please check back…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
CF Bryce Harper
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson WerthC Wilson Ramos
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series