Aug 5, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
Bryce Harper noted a few days ago that the Nationals still have nine games left this season against the Braves and therefore "this [thing] ain't over."
Well, the first three of those nine games are scheduled for the next three nights. And unless the Nationals can do something really significant against Atlanta, this "thing" might just actually be over by week's end.
A frustrating, 8-5 loss in Milwaukee yesterday afternoon — combined with the Braves extending their winning streak to 10 games last night with a 4-1 triumph in Philadelphia — leaves the Nationals staring up at their biggest deficit of the year. They trail Atlanta by a daunting 12 1/2 games in the NL East, with only 51 remaining on the schedule.
In other words, even if they did the unthinkable and went 9-0 against the Braves from here on out, they'd still sit 3 1/2 gamesRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals