Aug 5, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Braves in town – The Nats and Braves haven't played each other since June 2, but will now face off in six of their next 12 games. The first series brings the Braves to town who are riding a ten game winning streak. The Nationals, conversely, have lost three of their last five and are 6-10 since the All-Star break. If Washington has any chance in catching up with Atlanta in the NL East, they will need to make a strong statement in this series. The Braves have had their number this season, winning seven of the ten matchups and outscoring the Nats 40-20 overall. But fortunately for the Nats they will have Strasburg, Gio, and Zimmermann pitching.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring