Aug 7, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
While there's almost certainly a faction of the Nationals clubhouse — not to mention the fan base — that would love to see some form of retaliation tonight against the Braves after last night's plunking of Bryce Harper, you get the sense the Nats feel like the best revenge right now would be a victory over the NL East leaders. These two teams still play six more times this season after tonight, so there's still time for retribution.
But it's certainly worth watching right from the get-go tonight when Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound, just in case the right-hander has something up his sleeve. He'll be seeking his 14th win, which would be tops in the NL, and more importantly he'll be seeking to get the Nationals a much-needed win over an Atlanta club that has now won nine of 12 head-to-head encounters this season.
Kris Medlen gets the ball for the Braves, who surely are out for blood themselves, trying to sweep this series, win their 13th straight and expand their division lead to a staggering 15 1/2 games.
Updates to come…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Chance of storms, 81 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?