Aug 9, 2013, 7:17 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Tonight the Nationals take on the Philadelphia Phillies to kick off a weekend series, and on the mound will be a familiar face. John Lannan makes his return to Nationals Park, pitching in Washington for the first time since signing a free agent deal with the NL East rivals over the offseason.
Lannan is 3-4 this year with a 4.10 ERA, he's starting to even out to his career averages after starting the season off poorly and dealing with several stints on the disabled list. He's actually facing the Nats for the third time already this season in just his 13th outing of the year. He shut out the Nationals through eight innings in a Phillies' win on July 8 and allowed two runs through five on June 17.
Starting for Washington is Dan Haren who was placed on waivers recently, but remains with the team. The 32-year-old is 5-11 this season with a 5.14 ERA.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 87 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
2B Anthony Rendon
RHP Dan Haren
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats