Aug 9, 2013, 7:17 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Tonight the Nationals take on the Philadelphia Phillies to kick off a weekend series, and on the mound will be a familiar face. John Lannan makes his return to Nationals Park, pitching in Washington for the first time since signing a free agent deal with the NL East rivals over the offseason.
Lannan is 3-4 this year with a 4.10 ERA, he's starting to even out to his career averages after starting the season off poorly and dealing with several stints on the disabled list. He's actually facing the Nats for the third time already this season in just his 13th outing of the year. He shut out the Nationals through eight innings in a Phillies' win on July 8 and allowed two runs through five on June 17.
Starting for Washington is Dan Haren who was placed on waivers recently, but remains with the team. The 32-year-old is 5-11 this season with a 5.14 ERA.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 87 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
2B Anthony Rendon
RHP Dan Haren
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal