Aug 11, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
I was talking to a cameraman on the broadcast crew in the elevator up to the pressbox this morning who has been working baseball games for over 25 years, and never has he been to a Sunday baseball game with a 5:05 start. Well, here we go today with a rare evening matchup as the Nats and Phillies face off in a prelude to Sunday Night Baseball.
Stephen Strasburg (5-9. 3.01 ERA) will try and continue his success this season against the Phillies whom he tossed eight innings of one-run ball against on May 26. His career numbers against the Phils aren't quite as pretty with a 4.43 ERA across 22 1/2 total innings. He is making his 23rd start of the season overall.
Pitching for Philly is right-hander Kyle Kendrick who is 10-8 with a 4.36 ERA this season. Kendrick has faced the Nationals three times this season, allowing a combined seven earned runs through 19 2/3 innings. Each of his last outings against Washington (6/19, 7/11) he has lasted at least seven innings with just a run allowed.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 5:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 84 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RHP Stephen Strasburg
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news