Aug 14, 2013, 10:44 PM EST
When word began circulating Tuesday night that Wilson Ramos had re-tweaked the same hamstring that twice landed him on the disabled list, it was only natural to worry the Nationals catcher was looking at yet another long recovery.
Ramos, though, knew immediately this wasn’t as bad as the previous two. And he got confirmation of that Wednesday morning when team orthopedist Wiemi Douoguih told him he would only need to miss one or two games.
“He saw me yesterday and said it was a little thing, not too hard,” Ramos said. “He said see how you feel tomorrow and we’ll see what we can do. This morning I woke up and I felt better. … I feel good to play.”
Ramos wasn’t in the Nationals’ lineup for the second game of this series with the Giants, but he did some jogging in the outfield earlier in the day and emerged with no significant issues.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful