Aug 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
After running off five straight wins, the Nats have a chance to break even at the .500 mark and complete the sweep of the defending champion San Francisco Giants on Thursday afternoon. In order to so do, however, they'll need starter Dan Haren to continue his recent run of success.
Haren is 3-1 with a 2.77 ERA in four starts since the All-Star break and the Giants can't seem to hit anything, so the Nats should like their chances today.
Pitching for San Francisco is Ryan Vogelsong (2-4, 6.71) who is making just his second start since returning from the disabled list, he had been on the mend since way back in May. Vogelsong is making his second start against the Nats this season and, despite his overall disappointing campaign, he took the win against Washington on May 20 after pitching five scoreless innings.
It was in that game, however, that he took a pitch off his right pinky, breaking several bones in the hand. Perhaps today is a chance for redemption.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Clear, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
RHP Dan Haren
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby