Aug 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
After running off five straight wins, the Nats have a chance to break even at the .500 mark and complete the sweep of the defending champion San Francisco Giants on Thursday afternoon. In order to so do, however, they'll need starter Dan Haren to continue his recent run of success.
Haren is 3-1 with a 2.77 ERA in four starts since the All-Star break and the Giants can't seem to hit anything, so the Nats should like their chances today.
Pitching for San Francisco is Ryan Vogelsong (2-4, 6.71) who is making just his second start since returning from the disabled list, he had been on the mend since way back in May. Vogelsong is making his second start against the Nats this season and, despite his overall disappointing campaign, he took the win against Washington on May 20 after pitching five scoreless innings.
It was in that game, however, that he took a pitch off his right pinky, breaking several bones in the hand. Perhaps today is a chance for redemption.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Clear, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
RHP Dan Haren
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series