Aug 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
After running off five straight wins, the Nats have a chance to break even at the .500 mark and complete the sweep of the defending champion San Francisco Giants on Thursday afternoon. In order to so do, however, they'll need starter Dan Haren to continue his recent run of success.
Haren is 3-1 with a 2.77 ERA in four starts since the All-Star break and the Giants can't seem to hit anything, so the Nats should like their chances today.
Pitching for San Francisco is Ryan Vogelsong (2-4, 6.71) who is making just his second start since returning from the disabled list, he had been on the mend since way back in May. Vogelsong is making his second start against the Nats this season and, despite his overall disappointing campaign, he took the win against Washington on May 20 after pitching five scoreless innings.
It was in that game, however, that he took a pitch off his right pinky, breaking several bones in the hand. Perhaps today is a chance for redemption.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Clear, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
RHP Dan Haren
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"