Aug 17, 2013, 6:33 PM EST
|USA Today Sports Images|
ATLANTA — The Nationals placed Taylor Jordan on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain, an injury that will lead the organization to enact its plan to shut down the rookie right-hander for the rest of the season.
Jordan pitched six strong innings Friday night against the Braves, allowed two unearned runs, and didn't note any physical ailments afterward, but manager Davey Johnson said the pitcher mentioned a problem with his back several days earlier and mentioned it again late Friday.
The Nationals had been planning all along to shut down Jordan before season's end, restricting his workload in his first full season back from Tommy John surgery. After Friday's start, his total innings count for the year (majors and minors combined) stands at 142.
Jordan won't be given an opportunity to add to that number thisRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher