Aug 17, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
ATLANTA — It's another cold, rainy day here at Turner Field, and this time it could prevent baseball from being played. At the very least, it's supposed to drizzle all evening. At worst, it could be heavy enough to cause a delay or even postponement. We'll see.
If they do get started, all eyes will be on Stephen Strasburg as he takes the mound in the wake of Bryce Harper's three plunkings by Braves pitchers over the last 11 days. Will Strasburg retaliate, and if so, who gets to wear one of his fastballs? The safest bet would probably be Justin Upton, batting second tonight for Atlanta. But much could depend on how the umpires handle this, whether they issue warnings to both dugouts before the game even begins, which would lead to automatic ejections and future suspensions.
In other news, the Nationals just announced they've placed Taylor Jordan on the 15-day DL with a lower back strain and recalled Tyler Moore from Class AAA. Reading between the lines, this would suggest the Nats have decided to shut down Jordan after 142 innings. Ross Ohlendorf will be ready to return in four days and take his rotation spot. Until then, they'll have an extra position player in Moore, who had been raking at Syracuse. (Over his last 28 games, he was hitting .371 with seven homers and 31 RBI.)
Stay tuned for updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Showers, 68 degrees, Wind 10 mph in from RF
Bryce HarperDenard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers