Aug 17, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
ATLANTA — It would have meant more had it contributed to a Nationals victory instead of another discouraging loss to the Braves, but Drew Storen's return to the big leagues last night still deserves attention.
Positive attention, because Storen pitched quite well in his first appearance since his high-profile demotion to Class AAA Syracuse three weeks ago.
Given the ball for the bottom of the ninth inning of a tie game, the right-hander retired three of the four Atlanta batters he faced, striking out two, throwing 13 of his 17 pitches for strikes and admitting afterward he didn't have to overcome any nerves.
"Surprisingly not," he said. "I love pitching here. If anything, theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start