Aug 19, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
ATLANTA — Given the attention thrust upon him before the Nationals even arrived in town, it was little surprise Bryce Harper became such a key figure in this weekend's series against the Braves.
The 20-year-old was front-and-center throughout, from his first at-bat Friday night to his controversial, game-ending strikeout on Sunday afternoon.
Through it all, the crowds at Turner Field showered Harper with boos, the kind usually afforded only to a handful of visiting-team stars. And the kid relished every moment of it.
"I love when the crowd goes crazy or they boo me," Harper said after Sunday's 2-1 loss. "I live for that situation. I think a lot ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high