Aug 19, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
CHICAGO — Hello from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, where it's an absolutely gorgeous August evening on the north side of Chicago. The Nationals open a four-game series with the Cubs tonight, a rare trip here with three straight night games and only one day game at the last major-league ballpark to install lights.
The Nationals have a new face on the roster in David DeJesus, acquired from the Cubs this afternoon in a waiver trade. The 33-year-old outfielder simply walked across the diamond before batting practice, met his new teammates and swapped his royal blue Cubs clothing for the Nats' navy blue. He'll be on the bench tonight but available to play if needed.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the start against a Chicago lineup that, at least on name recognition alone, doesn't really inspire a lot of fear. That, of course, means nothing, but it certainly looks like an advantageous matchup for Zimmermann. The Nationals lineup will have its work cut out for itself against Cubs ace Jeff Samardzija.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CHICAGO CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 186
Weather: Clear, 81 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?