Aug 19, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
CHICAGO — Hello from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, where it's an absolutely gorgeous August evening on the north side of Chicago. The Nationals open a four-game series with the Cubs tonight, a rare trip here with three straight night games and only one day game at the last major-league ballpark to install lights.
The Nationals have a new face on the roster in David DeJesus, acquired from the Cubs this afternoon in a waiver trade. The 33-year-old outfielder simply walked across the diamond before batting practice, met his new teammates and swapped his royal blue Cubs clothing for the Nats' navy blue. He'll be on the bench tonight but available to play if needed.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the start against a Chicago lineup that, at least on name recognition alone, doesn't really inspire a lot of fear. That, of course, means nothing, but it certainly looks like an advantageous matchup for Zimmermann. The Nationals lineup will have its work cut out for itself against Cubs ace Jeff Samardzija.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CHICAGO CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 186
Weather: Clear, 81 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman