Aug 19, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
CHICAGO — Hello from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, where it's an absolutely gorgeous August evening on the north side of Chicago. The Nationals open a four-game series with the Cubs tonight, a rare trip here with three straight night games and only one day game at the last major-league ballpark to install lights.
The Nationals have a new face on the roster in David DeJesus, acquired from the Cubs this afternoon in a waiver trade. The 33-year-old outfielder simply walked across the diamond before batting practice, met his new teammates and swapped his royal blue Cubs clothing for the Nats' navy blue. He'll be on the bench tonight but available to play if needed.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the start against a Chicago lineup that, at least on name recognition alone, doesn't really inspire a lot of fear. That, of course, means nothing, but it certainly looks like an advantageous matchup for Zimmermann. The Nationals lineup will have its work cut out for itself against Cubs ace Jeff Samardzija.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CHICAGO CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 186
Weather: Clear, 81 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense