Aug 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
The David DeJesus Era in Washington lasted all of four days. And never even made it to Washington.
The Nationals traded DeJesus to the Rays today for a player-to-be-named or cash considerations, acquiring and then moving the veteran outfielder in a manner that only a Wall Street day trader could truly appreciate.
Monday’s acquisition of DeJesus in a waiver-claim trade with the Cubs for a player-to-be-named seemed curious from the Nationals’ perspective. Though the 33-year-old offered a solid reputation as a professional hitter and clubhouse leader, there wasn’t much need for another left-handed outfielder on the Nationals roster, a point manager Davey Johnson made as soon as the original deal was announced.
The Nationals, though, immediately placed DeJesus back on waivers, suggesting they wanted to see if another club might beRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)