Game 133: Marlins at Nats

Aug 29, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT

Mark Zuckerman / Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman / Nats Insider

The Nationals entered this homestand knowing they had an opportunity to feast on the bottom feeders of the NL East, and so far they’ve made the most of the opportunity. They’ve taken back-to-back games from the last-place Marlins and tonight they seek a series sweep, their eighth win in nine games and their 14th in 19 games.

They will, however, need quality innings from Gio Gonzalez after needing seven innings out of their bullpen last night. It’s been an up-and-down few weeks for Gonzalez, who twice in his last five starts has allowed seven-plus runs but on the other three occasions allowed two or fewer.

Davey Johnson sticks with his regular lineup against Miami right-hander Tom Koehler, a 27-year rookie from the Bronx. Updates to come, so please check back…

MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS

RHP Tom Koehler

UMPIRES
HP Alfonso Marquez
1B Ted Barrett (cc)
2B Mike DiMuro
3B Scott Barry

7:07 p.m. — And we’re underway with a ball from Gio Gonzalez to Donovan “Little Onion” Solano. A very comfortable 82 degrees with a nice, northeasterly breeze tonight.

7:15 p.m. — Gonzalez put a couple men on with two outs in the first, but no harm , no foul. Despite a walk to Giancarlo Stanton (and there’s never anything wrong with walking Giancarlo Stanton) and an infield single to Justin Ruggiano on a play Ryan Zimmerman couldn’t quite make, Gio got Placido Polanco to line out to right. Twenty-one pitches for Gonzalez in a scoreless top of the first.

7:24 p.m. — Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: The Nats put their first two men on base in the bottom of the first … and didn’t score. Despite singles by Denard Span and Ryan Zimmerman — Span’s base knock extended his hit streak to 12 games — Bryce Harper struck out and Jayson Werth grounded into a double play. So the Nats are 0-for-2 with RISP early on in this one.

7:42 p.m. — Another laborious inning for Gio, who issued two more walks in the top of the second, plus another hit, but battled to escape the jam. The Nats, meanwhile, went down in order in the bottom of the inning against Koehler. It remains scoreless after two.

7:54 p.m. — Nine straight batters retired by Tom Koehler, and only one of the outs even left the infield. That was a line out to left field by … Gio Gonzalez. Yikes. Still 0-0 after three.

8:05 p.m. — Four scoreless innings now for Gio, but he’s already thrown 75 pitches. On a night when the Nats really need a long outing from their starter, this could be a bit of a concern.

8:13 p.m. — Bryce Harper to the rescue. He goes opposite field for his 19th homer of the year, this one a two-run shot thanks to Zimmerman’s walk right in front of him. That also extends Harper’s hit streak to 11 games. The Nats take a 2-0 lead after four.

8:32 p.m. — Really nice job by Gio to get six quick outs during the fifth and sixth innings. He has managed to keep his pitch count to 98 now, so you’ve got to think he’s got at least one more inning in him. That’s what the Nats needed tonight. They could also use a couple more runs, of course, but let’s not get greedy. Still 2-0 heading to the bottom of the sixth.

8:55 p.m. — Jayson Werth, ladies and gentlemen. He can’t be stopped. Three-run bomb off Koelher blows this game open. That’s Werth’s 21st homer of the season and it continues his remarkable summer. By this time tomorrow night, he may finally qualify for the league leaderboard. And when he does, he’ll rank in the top five in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and OPS. Just remarkable. Anthony Rendon, meanwhile, added an RBI single before the sixth inning ended, so it’s now 6-0 Nats.

9:03 p.m. — Make it 16 out of 17 retired by Gio, who walks off the mound to a standing ovation after seven scoreless innings. It’s still 6-0 at the stretch.

9:14 p.m. — Sweet Fancy Moses, the Nats lineup is on fire. Desmond ropes a three-run homer in the seventh, making it 9-0. Zimmerman, Harper, Werth and Desmond tonight are a combined 10-for-14 with two walks, three homers and eight RBI. Like I said: Sweet Fancy Moses.

9:19 p.m. — And that’s a 5-pitch to of the eighth for Tanner Roark. I would’ve said this means he won’t start on Sunday now, but maybe if he stays this efficient, there’s still a chance.

9:33 p.m. — That’s it. Nats win 9-0. They sweep the Marlins. They’ve won eight of nine and 14 of 19. They’re three games over .500 and are now within 6 1/2 games of the Wild Card.

1. natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Let’s go, GIO! Let’s go, NATS!!

In other news, thanks to the tidbit of info below, I’ll never quite look at a home plate ump the same way again. :-/

“The home plate umpire’s pants are double-reinforced in the seat. I know you all wanted to know that!”

2. Steady Eddie - Aug 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Boy the As are really taking it to the Tigers in that series, close to sweeping all four games. Not by nailbiters, either — 8-6 was the closest, then 6-3, 14-4, now 6-3 in the top of the ninth. Zuk only started last night of the 4 games but did go 3-5 with 2 RBIs. But gaining no ground on Texas who’s even hotter (7/10 vs 6/10).

• Faraz Shaikh - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM

not anymore. Hunter walked off with a 3 run blast against Balfour. grant struggled with command.

• Steady Eddie - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Or not. Grant Balfour melts down and gives up a lead off walk, and then with two outs another walk, an RBI single, and a walk off three run dinger by Torie Hunter.

Now As fans know a little about how the August 15 loss to the Giants felt. Not much like, but a little.

• Faraz Shaikh - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I think there is a difference between Hunter hitting a walk-off HR and Sanchez (or whoever that dude was) hitting a go ahead shot. There is also a difference between Tigers lineup and Giants lineup. And finally, there is also a difference between Grant Balfour and Rafael Soriano. I am not trying to berate Soriano or anything but just saying that Giants one was way more painful than Tigers.

• Steady Eddie - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That’s why i wrote “not much”.

• Faraz Shaikh - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Missed that I guess. Anyways, reply does not seem to be working. right? or is it just me?

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Not sure, FS. Let’s test it…

• Faraz Shaikh - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

That definitely worked.
        For some reason, Steady Eddie’s first post about A’s had vanished.

• Steady Eddie - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Also funny that when I tried to write the “That’s why I wrote “not much””, it kept telling me I had already written that and seemingly wouldn’t let me post it.

Classic “who’s on first” moment. How can you tell a server that’s programmed to prevent duplicate comments from posting that repeating the comment was the point?

• langleyclub - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Kiss of death post. Balfour gives up 4 in the 9th and the A’s lose 7-6.

3. Steady Eddie - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Gio very rarely has two bad starts in a row, and the two Mark mentioned were both on the road (vs KC on 8/23, vs. Det 7/31). between those two he lost two very well-pitched 2-1 vs the Braves where he obviously got no run support, and between those two, another rain-shortened start vs the Giants where both he and Bumgarner had high pitch counts after 4 innings but the Nats were up 1-0.

So it’s been more than a month since he got a win. Due to pitch well at home and get some run support against a so-so rookie (who weirdly has a significantly higher WHIP at home than on the road — 1.49 vs 1.27, mostly based on walks; and his ERA is also, strangely, much worse against RH hitters than lefties, 4.97 vs 3.86).

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Grant Balfour (ERA 1.76) just gave up four in the bottom of the 9th. Tigers walk-off on Torii Hunter HR. Note to “closers”: don’t put guys on base. He has 33 saves. He didn’t get the 34th. It isn’t just Soriano.

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Well, that was supposed to go in the Detroit thread. “Reply” doesn’t always seem to go where it’s meant.

• bowdenball - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

That’s like saying “it isn’t just Espinosa” after Robinson Cano goes 0-5.

4. NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Warm and humid–seems like Gio weather.

5. veejh - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

G G G Gio! He’s due for a win. Losing today would be a huge letdown.

6. NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Spoke too soon. Roger got another HR. Mets blasting the Fillies 11-3, though. You know what happens when the Mets get eleven runs? They lose three straight to the Nats.

7. veejh - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM

surprised Davey didnt go w the switch hitting Lombo over Rendon.

8. Sonny G 10 - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Ok, boys, sweep the fish tonight.

9. Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM

“feast on the bottom-feeders”

Hmmm. Crab. Catfish. Flounder. Lobster. Oysters.

That’s some mighty good eatin’.

• natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM

(reply test in 3, 2, 1) Seems like something’s fishy here.

10. Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I think you’re right. Somebody changed the setting on comments flow, I think.

11. natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Wait, that worked.

12. lovedanats - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM

When Gio is “on”, he is unbelievably good. Let’s hope that’s tonight.

• Section 222 - Aug 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

That’s some funny stuff DP!

13. breakbad1 - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I’m posting this for two reasons:

First, I’m trying to figure out some of the ins and outs of this new posting system, as this is my second post in the WordPress era. It looks like the process of logging in to this system is much easier than the old one I used, Live Journal. That thing was clunky and seemed to ruin a lot of my posts altogether.

Second, I was interested in the thoughts of everyone on Harper’s comments about his disappointment at our attendance at Nats games. To get a true feel for what he said, you have to watch the video Mark posted–don’t just read the column.

I felt like Harper was out of line with his comments. It’s one thing to say how much players enjoy a big crowd, but it’s another to complain about empty seats, when the Nationals’ product on the field this year has been so lousy, with almost no excitement on the field, even during wins (try and watch a replay of the last two games with Miami to see what I mean. These were truly lifeless affairs.)

I’ve been to 24 or 25 games this year. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on tickets and food and drink. And most of the time the team has been unwatchable. 41,000 of us showed up for a game with LA, and the Nats scored–what?–one run in 10 innings? And Harper is saying they get amped up by big crowds? My observation, anecdotally, is that the bigger crowds this year at Nats Park have witnessed the team’s worst performances.

Also, I wish Harper’s agent or someone would give him a few facts before he complains about the fans. For example, they might have shown him today’s Sports page in the Post, showing attendance around MLB Wednesday night:

Chicago Cubs, storied franchise, maybe best park in baseball: 18K empty seats
    Boston Red Sox, leading AL East, ultra-dedicated fan base: 6K empty seats
    Seattle Mariners: 25K empty seats
    Toronto hosting Yankees: 13K empty seats
    Milwaukee Brewers: 18K empty seats
    Tampa Bay, currently battling to hold Wild Card spot: 21K empty seats
    Detroit Tigers, leading AL Central: 10K empty seats
    Atlanta Braves, leading NL East, best home record in baseball: 29K empty seats
    New York Mets: 17K empty seats
    Chicago White Sox: 25K empty seats
    Minnesota Twins: 12K empty seats
    St Louis Cardinals, NL Central leaders: 8K empty seats
    Colorado, hosting WS Champion Giants: 23K empty seats
    Arizona Diamondbacks, battling for Wild Card berth: 28K empty seats.
    Washington Nationals on rainy night vs. pathetic Marlins: 17K empty seats

I won’t be out there tonight. I’m sorry, but there’s something about a 20-year-old millionaire complaining about my lack of adoration for him that turns me off.

• David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM

You’re not wrong, but I think you’re being unnecessarily harsh. Nobody likes seeing empty seats. I don’t even like seeing them on TV. I’m not able to make it to a ton of games (I’ve been to four this year…and I’m 4-0). I understand where he’s coming from certainly. But I watched the interview and I didn’t think anything he said was terribly out of line. I figured many would be upset by it though.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I did watch the full video. YMMV, but for my part, I didn’t get the sense that he was complaining, just trying to advertise the games and asking for the fans to come out, but he isn’t very good at that, and it came out weird. Plus it went on and on rehashing the same point, which just gave him more chances to dig the hole deeper. I really think he was just trying to say “We need the help, come on out.”

I think he gets that a lot, coming off as arrogant, when the problem is more like, he’s not a professional public relations expert. Most 20-year-olds would not do much better.

That said, “playing their best ball of the season” isn’t what brings fans out. Winning does that.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM

And come on, it is the Marlins, who don’t draw flies at home, nevermind on the road, mid-week, rainy and muggy, school starting … 25K is a pretty good crowd, if they had stuck around after the rain delay, which you can’t expect them all to do.

Besides, after the first inning or two you have a 50-50 chance of seeing all the runs they’re going to score.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Not to mention a fair number of folks were either at the Mall during the day, or avoiding it because of the traffic. The feds did encourage employees to telework yesterday to avoid adding to Metro’s crowds, which no doubt left some folks out of the city. No idea how much that really impacted Nats attendance, but there’s that.

• Feel Wood - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Harper’s comments were right on. Anyone who would have come to a game last year but won’t come now because play is “not up to standard” is nothing but a front runner. The season is not over yet, and the team is still in the wild card race. Real fans would still be coming to games.

• Eugene in Oregon - Aug 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Mr. Harper’s comment aside, I’ve been quite impressed — from afar — with the support the Nats have been getting this season. At least as I hear or read the attendance figures and as I see the crowds on my little iPad MLB.tv screen, it appears that the team’s failures on the field haven’t deterred the faithful (some of them new faithful, I know) from coming out to the park and cheering. I recall being part of some pretty small crowds in 2005-2008 and I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how the enthusiasm from last season hasn’t — as best I can tell — lessened significantly. More telling, of course, will be season ticket and advance single-game sales for next season. Another reason why a meaningful September will be important for the franchise.

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I think it’s part and parcel of Harper never having been on a losing team (if you don’t count bridf stints in the minors on his way up). He’s never seen a lot of empty seats, certainly never seen indifference or tepid enthusiasm. Tough lesson.

• nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Nice analysis. Its back to school time. Like this every year.

14. Muddy Ruel - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM

On the subject of lousy coaching/managing this year, of which I and others have commented in the past, why is Rendon starting tonight instead of Lombardozzi? Last night Rendon gets one at bat as a pitch hitter. He draws a walk and is bunted to 2nd base and then is thrown out at 3rd base when he goes there even though a ball is grounded far to his right and easily to the SS — a bone headed play even in little league. It turned out not to matter b/c the 3rd out was made. But Lombardozzi had a good offensive and defensive game; he plays the game the right way. There just are no consequences for stupid play.

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I don’t think Davey wants Rendon on the bench getting “rusty.” He’s not hitting much better (or much worse) than Lombo. Why would you sit him? RH pitcher? Well, we have another RH pitcher tomorrow. I think Rendon is wearing down in his first full season, and Davey rests him. It’s not a matter of reward/punishment.

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Actually, other than pulling Morse that one time, I haven’t seen Davey operate on “reward/punishment.” In the case of Storen, it’s lack of trust, not “punishment.” The only other case would be when he said Danny hadn’t earned the “reward” of being brought up. However, if Desi got hurt, I bet you’d see Danny.

15. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Ticked off… I’m supposed to be at the game… But my brother stole my ticket… I swear family can be the worst, sometimes…

• NatsLady - Aug 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM

You might be able to get another ticket. I mean, if you try. :) Probably not a sellout…

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Lol… Grrr… Lol…. My dad, my uncle and I were supposed to go… But he (my brother) texted me talking about he got me C Tracy autograph…. I told him to stop it….

16. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

In other news, Kilgore wrote an interesting article on the Nats and the 3-0 swing…

17. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

18. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

The special Bryce Harper strike zone strikes again.

• Manassas Nats Fan - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I would splice all these together and in the offseason makevsure joe Torre explains it.

19. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Terrible strike 1 called on Bryce…

20. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Unh…

21. Manassas Nats Fan - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM

The ump called a terrible strike 1 on Harper and Harper bailed the pitcher the rest of yhe way by swinging at one way inside.

Then jayson hits it hard but the wrong way.

0 for 2 RISP.

22. Joe Seamhead - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

The number of times that Span has reached base in his last 15 plate appearences, and then gotten stranded, is numbing.

• Joe Seamhead - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

15 PA, 7 hits, 3 BB’s, 1 sac.

2 runs scored, and one of those was on his own homer.

23. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Gio’s velocity is down. He’s sitting 89-91.

24. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Gio looks odd…

25. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Gio may only last 5 tonight… He is laboring…

26. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I’m wondering if Gio is dealing with an injury (and not just a finger blister).

27. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM

What the hell was that Ramos…. Just dumb…

But he shouldn’t be playing tonight…. DJ trying to run him thru the ground…

• David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Why shouldn’t he play? It’s a night game after a night game. Most catchers play 5-6 days a week.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Ramos production as gone down since playing every day…

28. Joe Seamhead - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I was out of the loop all day. I just saw that the Mariners put Mikey Morse on waivers and the O’s picked him. Trying to do a trade.

29. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Uhm… At what point are we going to make this pitcher work….

30. slidell2 - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Maybe we’re trying to lull him into a false sense of security.

• slidell2 - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Told ya

31. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Aight now! Way to go Bryce…

32. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM

We’ve hit into some awful luck double plays today.

• Manassas Nats Fan - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Neither bad luck. The second bsseman was well position. They have scots tellingvthem where the tendancy to hit the ball.

However both were hit real hard.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM

“They have scots telling them where the tendency to hit the ball.

“He canna change the laws of physics, Cap’n!”

33. Manassas Nats Fan - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hit streaks forcSpan and Harper both extended

34. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

This guy is going to go 9 innings at this rate.

35. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I didnt think Gio would make it past the 5th… Glad to see better and more efficient work from him…

36. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Great at bat Bryce…

37. David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

WERTHQUAKE!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOONG GONE

38. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM

That was awesome Jayson….awesome…

39. janebeard - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM

How much do I love Jayson Werth! He is single-handedly keeping our guys in the hunt. I am STILL BEAMING!
    GYFNG!

40. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I will drink champagne to Trent Jewitt’s departure…

• knoxvillenat - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

MrsB,

When that day comes I’ll buy! You can pick a location here in Knoxville. :)

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Hahaha…. I don’t hold back, most know when I can’t stand someone… Trent has been at the top of the list for a while now… Just bone headed decisions most times….

Even in the laugher I got some things to complain about.. Lol..

41. Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I have almost forgotten how the Marlins used to own the Nats.
    Almost.

• nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Agreed. He makes more mistakes than any 3rd base coach in the NL.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

There’s stats for that?? Dang.

• natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I was mentioning that to my husband just after we SWEPT them.

• natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

*That* being the former ownership of the Nats by the Marlins. So maybe the reply function *is* off a bit.

• natsfan1a - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Or maybe it’s just my timing. Maybe if I got my front foot down sooner. Nah.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

It’s the blogging coach’s fault.

• natsfan1a - Aug 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM

FIRE THE BLOGGING COACH!1

42. nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No, that was not a smart send FP. Nats are up 6-0 and its 1 out. Keep bases loaded. No need to risk an injury to Zimmerman.

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Agree. No point in that.

43. nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Nice shot Desi!

44. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Killin it… Love it…

45. nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Nats needed a laugher and a Gio win. I think Gio hasnt won a game since July 10th.

• David Proctor - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

This should save the end of the bullpen too, which is huge.

46. nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Why Roark? Use Abad.

• knoxvillenat - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Perhaps we see Abad in the 9th?

47. nats128 - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Why not Tyler Moore? Chad Tracy? seriously

48. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Don’t agree with DJ putting Roark in there…

49. waddueyeno - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

so –

two of the national insider chorus members go to an opera rehearsal.
    two more show up to watch.

they reacquaint,
    leave,

AND THE NATS SCORE 9 RUNS!

coincidence? or the power of this song:

gyfng

• Candide - Aug 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Oh.

My.

God.
      :-D

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I saw the first part of the post and thought it was the start of a joke:

Two Nats Insider chorus members walk into a bar ….

• Sonny G 10 - Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Wow! Fantastic song. Well done folks!

50. Manassas Nats Fan - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

The Nats the last 3 weeks 14-5. This os how we thought they would play this season.

51. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Why the hell do we keep seeing C Tracy… Damn.

• Sonny G 10 - Aug 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, why didn’t tyMo play first?

52. Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I’m beginning to think this Roark kid maybe can pitch a little bit.

53. Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM