Aug 31, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
With the Nationals closing the NL Wild Card deficit to 6.5 games this past week, there is a renewed hope that a playoff berth is possible. Mark, Jim Duquette and Chris Miller took stock of the Nats as they move into the month of September on last night’s Baseball Show.
In the first video they discussed the recent tear by Jayson Werth and how he has been the central figure of the Nats’ resurgence:
Tyler Clippard has also been a big part of the Nationals run pitching out of the bullpen. In the second video they look at how reliable he has been this season, and whether he should get a shot in the closer role:
And finally, in the third video, they review what has been an overall strong month of August for the Nationals. They have one more game to play tonight, but they sit 16-10 on the month which is easily their best 30-day stretch of the season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?