Aug 31, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
With the Nationals closing the NL Wild Card deficit to 6.5 games this past week, there is a renewed hope that a playoff berth is possible. Mark, Jim Duquette and Chris Miller took stock of the Nats as they move into the month of September on last night’s Baseball Show.
In the first video they discussed the recent tear by Jayson Werth and how he has been the central figure of the Nats’ resurgence:
Tyler Clippard has also been a big part of the Nationals run pitching out of the bullpen. In the second video they look at how reliable he has been this season, and whether he should get a shot in the closer role:
And finally, in the third video, they review what has been an overall strong month of August for the Nationals. They have one more game to play tonight, but they sit 16-10 on the month which is easily their best 30-day stretch of the season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats