Sep 6, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
While a weekend series in Miami may sound like a piece of cake for the Nationals, don’t go penciling in three wins just yet. For one thing, they’re going up tonight against the probable NL Rookie of the Year in right-hander Jose Fernandez. The 21-year-old has been dominant, leading the league in fewest hits allowed per nine innings (6.0) and most strikeouts notched per nine innings (9.8).
For another thing, Dan Haren takes the mound tonight for the Nationals, and he’s been quite unpredictable of late. After going 4-0 with a 1.32 ERA over a five-start stretch, Haren has been hit hard his last two times out, including a 2 2/3-inning nightmare last weekend against the Mets.
The good news: Bryce Harper is back in the Nationals’ lineup after sitting out Wednesday’s game in Philly with a sore left hip. Perhaps 48 consecutive hours off has done the young outfielder good.
I’m not in Miami this weekend, but please continue the conversation as always here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
CF Denard Span CF Corey Brown
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RHP Dan Haren
LF Chris Coghlan
2B Donovan Solano
CF Christian Yelich
RF Giancarlo Stanton
1B Logan Morrison
3B Placido Polanco
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
C Jeff Mathis
RHP Jose Fernandez
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey