Sep 6, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
In his weekly sitdown with Mark on Wednesday, Bryce Harper gave a bit more detail as to the pain he’s been playing through over the course of this season. He’s hinted at the fact he hasn’t been the same since April, but now the revelation of a hip injury has surfaced and it’s become clear Harper isn’t 100 percent.
With Harper hurting, sometimes clearly hobbled running the bases or at the plate, it begs the question of whether he is helping the Nats by being in the lineup. Is Harper, who’s not playing at his full capabilities, better than the next guy up?
On last night’s The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob Carlin and Jim Duquette discussed this very topic and whether Harper should get more days of rest moving forward to keep him fresh:
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season