Sep 6, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
In his weekly sitdown with Mark on Wednesday, Bryce Harper gave a bit more detail as to the pain he’s been playing through over the course of this season. He’s hinted at the fact he hasn’t been the same since April, but now the revelation of a hip injury has surfaced and it’s become clear Harper isn’t 100 percent.
With Harper hurting, sometimes clearly hobbled running the bases or at the plate, it begs the question of whether he is helping the Nats by being in the lineup. Is Harper, who’s not playing at his full capabilities, better than the next guy up?
On last night’s The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob Carlin and Jim Duquette discussed this very topic and whether Harper should get more days of rest moving forward to keep him fresh:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?