Sep 6, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
In his weekly sitdown with Mark on Wednesday, Bryce Harper gave a bit more detail as to the pain he’s been playing through over the course of this season. He’s hinted at the fact he hasn’t been the same since April, but now the revelation of a hip injury has surfaced and it’s become clear Harper isn’t 100 percent.
With Harper hurting, sometimes clearly hobbled running the bases or at the plate, it begs the question of whether he is helping the Nats by being in the lineup. Is Harper, who’s not playing at his full capabilities, better than the next guy up?
On last night’s The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob Carlin and Jim Duquette discussed this very topic and whether Harper should get more days of rest moving forward to keep him fresh:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays