Sep 6, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
In his weekly sitdown with Mark on Wednesday, Bryce Harper gave a bit more detail as to the pain he’s been playing through over the course of this season. He’s hinted at the fact he hasn’t been the same since April, but now the revelation of a hip injury has surfaced and it’s become clear Harper isn’t 100 percent.
With Harper hurting, sometimes clearly hobbled running the bases or at the plate, it begs the question of whether he is helping the Nats by being in the lineup. Is Harper, who’s not playing at his full capabilities, better than the next guy up?
On last night’s The Baseball Show, Mark, Rob Carlin and Jim Duquette discussed this very topic and whether Harper should get more days of rest moving forward to keep him fresh:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL