Sep 8, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
As they await word from D.C. on Bryce Harper’s hip — which is being examined by team medical director Wiemi Douoguih — the Nationals wrap up their series in Miami, trying to take two of three and improve to four games over the .500 mark for the first time since they were 23-19 way back on May 17.
Stephen Strasburg gets the ball, facing the Marlins for the second time in two weeks and hoping to last more than two innings this time. It certainly helps that Marlins Park has a retractable roof, so a lengthy rain delay should be out of the question. It should also help that Giancarlo Stanton is out today with a sore right foot.
The Harper-less Nationals lineup will take on Jacob Turner, an impressive young right-hander who has posted a 3.13 ERA in 17 starts and today faces the Nats for the first time.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
CF Denard Span
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
LF Tyler Moore
2B Anthony Rendon
RHP Stephen Strasburg
RF Chris Coghlan
2B Donovan Solano
LF Christian Yelich
CF Justin Ruggiano
1B Logan Morrison
3B Placido Polanco
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
C Rob Brantly
RHP Jacob Turner
HP Gary Cederstrom (cc)
1B Angel Hernandez
2B Kerwin Danley
3B Lance Barksdale
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera