Sep 13, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
This week Mark sat down with Bryce Harper after the outfielder missed four games due to a sore left hip. On the topic of injury, Harper talked about missing time this season and how the team has played without him. He says the Nats didn’t miss him at all in the lineup, as they won each game he didn’t play.
Harper also discussed his trip back to Washington to get further testing on the hip. He had to leave the team who was playing in Miami at the time, but rejoined them in New York after tests showed no structural damage.
Harper described that experience as something that gave him “peace of mind.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex