Sep 13, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
This week Mark sat down with Bryce Harper after the outfielder missed four games due to a sore left hip. On the topic of injury, Harper talked about missing time this season and how the team has played without him. He says the Nats didn’t miss him at all in the lineup, as they won each game he didn’t play.
Harper also discussed his trip back to Washington to get further testing on the hip. He had to leave the team who was playing in Miami at the time, but rejoined them in New York after tests showed no structural damage.
Harper described that experience as something that gave him “peace of mind.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting